Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekly Mileage ending 7/21/13

Tuesday 7/16- 3.09 miles
Wednesday 7/17- 4 miles
Thursday 7/18- 3.56 miles
Saturday 7/20- 3.07 miles
Sunday 7/21- 6.01 miles

Total: 19.7 miles

I ran my long run this week in Vibram Fivefinger Bikilas because I bruised the ball of my left foot at some point during the week but I still wanted to run for an hour because I hadn't done that in months!  I ran a bit faster than barefoot over a longer distance with the shoes on.  I often consider training at least part of the time in minimalist shoes because there are so many beautiful not-so-barefoot-friendly trails to run and race on in this area. For right now I still prefer barefoot but I think mixing it up helps prevent overuse injuries- I definitely run differently with shoes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment