Friday, January 25, 2013

I saw another one of us today

4.16 miles today. I got the tiniest of blisters on my right pinky toe from the increase in mileage, so I know my feet need some toughening up to get to the leathery tough foot skin I used to have that could take many more miles of concrete and asphalt.

Later in the day, I drove by another barefoot runner and it brought a smile to my face!  I am pretty sure I know who it was, since the community of barefoot runners is small and vocal, but it surprised me nonetheless.  Hi there, fellow barefoot runner wearing red!

-Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. Hello back! I figure sooner or later we'll wind up on the same trail at the same time :)

    Yes, it is disheartening how quickly we lose sole toughness - I was only off for a few weeks and while I'm OK, I'm feeling it a bit more...I need to get on the stick as I have a 1/2 Mary in April, too!

    Talk to you later!

    Chris/RunningPirate

    ReplyDelete