Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Running On Glass

3.4 miles today.

It's been a long while since I've felt like I was floating instead of running and thought, "Hey, those are some damn beautiful trees." Today was one of those days.

I also ran on some rocks, over glass, around dead animal carcasses- all the fun parts of barefoot running. My favorite is running around glass because people seem to be most concerned over that particular road hazard with regards to barefoot running.  I have run around and through glass many a time and haven't yet been hurt.  I even picked a large shard out of my heel and didn't spare a drop of blood.  At some point, your feet get tough enough that most glass you can't avoid won't hurt you.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend running on a trail made entirely of glass shards, however this guy walked on some and was just fine.

If you do happen to get cut from glass or stub your toe bloody, which I do every few weeks, just practice good first-aid and clean the wound and wrap it up with some Neosporin. Then walk it off.

-Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment