Monday, January 14, 2013

The Beginning (again)

I am starting to run barefoot again.

What? You mean with those funny-looking "barefoot shoes"?

No. I am running without any type of shoes.  I did most of a trail Half-Marathon barefoot last year, along with an entire 10k road race barefoot.

I am starting to run barefoot again after several months of no running due to... life.

This blog will detail my daily runs, races, and experiences as a barefoot runner. 

I ran 3 miles yesterday and it felt "OK". My feet felt great, no blisters like when I was first building up my barefoot mileage and learning how to run lightly and not shred my feet, but my lungs are out of shape.  I was also probably a little dehydrated and running a little too fast as a I often do when I listen to music. Today, my calves are a little sore but nothing major. 

Looking forward to running more this year in 2013 and blogging about it this time!

-Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! Good to see you're back in to running. Yesterday was my first day after being off for a couple of weeks due to an injury and happily I'm not too much worse for the wear considering holiday excesses and malaisiness.

    Chris/RunningPirate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're back as well, Chris! I wish it had only been a couple weeks instead of a few months for me... The mild soreness of my calves turned into a few days of hobbling around like my Granny. I'll definitely be sticking with steady, slow progress as I build back up to where I was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi:

    I am in the beginning of running barefoot again as well. I broke my foot in a half ironman back in may. I usually get 3 miles, but lately I have been getting a little abrasion. I usually just bike the following day, but would really like to be to the point of running all the days I need to train BF. Glad to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also...I was looking at that pic thinking "why does that look familiar?"...then I remembered... :)

    ReplyDelete